The Sony Cyber-shot DSC-RX100 II Digital Camera is a compact point-and-shoot camera that features a large 20.2 megapixel 1" Exmor R CMOS sensor to produce high resolution still imagery and full HD 1080i/p video. This sensor's design utilizes backside-illuminated technology to improve clarity and image quality when working in dimly-lit conditions as well as increase the sensitivity to an expandable ISO 12800. Benefitting the performance of this sensor is the BIONZ image processor, which helps to produce images with smooth quality and gradations as well as provide expedited performance throughout all aspects of the camera. Full-resolution continuous shooting up to 10 fps is possible as well as a quick autofocus speed of just 0.13 seconds.
20.2-megapixel, 1" Exmor R CMOS sensor
- Captures high-resolution images.
3.6x optical zoom
- Through a Carl Zeiss Vario-Sonnar T lens with a multilayer coating that helps prevent ghost and flare for sharp shots. Digital zoom up to 14x (20M), up to 20x (10M), up to 28x (5M), up to 14x (movie) and up to 54x (VGA).
3" Xtra Fine TFT-LCD monitor
- With WhiteMagic technology, 1,229,000 dots and a 100% field of view makes it easy to frame and review your pictures and videos.
Full HD 24p movie mode
- Lets you record movies in high-definition 1920 x 1080 resolution. AVCHD codec delivers stunning picture quality, and MP4 codec offers small files for easy upload to the Web.
BIONZ image processor
- Delivers intelligent response data to a high-speed actuator motor in the lens, resulting in fast focusing speeds, even in low-light conditions.
Optical SteadyShot image stabilization
- Reduces blur by countering camera movements in both horizontal and vertical orientations. Active 3-way stabilization adds digital rolling control for stable videos, even at long focal lengths.
- Include portrait, antimotion blur, sports action, pet, gourmet, macro, landscape, sunset, night scene, handheld twilight, night portrait, fireworks and high sensitivity for versatile use.
Burst shooting mode
- Captures 10 fps for fast-action shots. Face detection/registration technology for up to 8 faces adjusts focus, exposure, white balance and flash for crisp, well-lit images.
White balance modes
- Include auto, daylight, shade, cloudy, incandescent, fluorescent (warm white), fluorescent (cool white), fluorescent (day white), fluorescent (daylight), flash, C. temp., filter and custom for accurate tonal reproduction.
Built-in, pop-up auto flash
- Features auto, fill-flash, slow-sync, rear-sync and off modes to help you achieve optimal lighting conditions. A multi-interface shoe lets you connect an external flash or other accessory (not included).
Creative Style settings
- With standard, vivid, black-and-white, sunset, portrait and landscape finishing styles let you control how the camera processes your images.
Contrast-detect high-speed AF (autofocus)
- With 25-point control helps you achieve crisp shots.
- Makes it easy to connect compatible devices. NFC (near field communication) allows touch connection for transferring images to select Android phones and tablets.
- Supports Secure Digital, Secure Digital High Capacity, SDXC, Memory Stick PRO Duo, Memory Stick PRO-HG Duo and Memory Stick Pro-HG HX Duo formats.
- Warranty Terms - Parts: 1 year
- Warranty Terms - Labor: 1 year
- Weight: 9.9 oz. with battery and Memory Stick PRO Duo card (7.8 oz. without)
- Megapixels (Effective): 20.2
- Image Resolution: Up to 5472 x 3648
- Lens Features: Carl Zeiss Vario-Sonnar T lens; 7 elements in 6 groups (4 aspheric elements)
- Lens Focal Length(s): 10.4-37.1mm; 35mm equivalent still: 28-100mm (3:2), 29-105mm (16:9), 30-108mm (4:3), 36-127mm (1:1); 35mm equivalent movie SteadyShot Standard: 29-105mm (16:9), 36-128mm (4:3); 35mm equivalent movie SteadyShot Active: 33-120mm (16:9), 41-146mm (4:3)
- LCD Screen Features: Xtra Fine TFT-LCD with WhiteMagic technology, 1,229,000 dots, 100% field of view and tilt capability
- Image Stabilization: Yes, optical
- Compatible Memory Formats: Memory Stick PRO Duo|Memory Stick PRO Duo|Memory Stick PRO Duo|Memory Stick PRO-HG Duo|Memory Stick PRO-HG Duo|Memory Stick PRO-HG HX Duo|Memory Stick PRO-HG HX Duo|Secure Digital (SD)|Secure Digital Extended Capacity (SDXC)|Secure Digital High Capacity (SDHC)
- Shutter Speeds: iAuto: 4 - 1/2000 sec.; Program Auto: 1 - 1/2000 sec.; Manual 30 - 1/2000 sec. (bulb); Aperture Priority 8 - 1/2000 sec.; Shutter Priority 30 - 1/2000 sec.
- Aperture Range: f/1.8 - f/4.9
- White Balance: Auto, daylight, shade, cloudy, incandescent, fluorescent (warm white), fluorescent (cool white), fluorescent (day white), fluorescent (daylight), flash, C. temp, filter, custom
- Flash Range: 11.8" - 49.2' @ ISO Auto (wide); 1.8' - 18.7' @ ISO Auto (telephoto); up to 98.4' @ ISO 12800 (wide); up to 37.1' @ ISO 12800 (telephoto)
- Flash Modes: Auto, fill-flash, slow-sync, rear-sync, off
- External Flash Mount: Yes
- Focus Range: 2" - infinity (wide); 1.8' - infinity (telephoto)
- ISO Equivalent: Auto: 160, 200, 400, 800, 1600, 3200, 6400, 12,800 (expandable to 100 and 125)
- Self-Timer: 10 sec., 2 sec., self-portrait 1-person, self-portrait 2-person or continuous (3 or 5 shots)
- File Formats: JPEG, RAW, RAW + JPEG, Dolby Digital (AC-3), AVCHD, MP4, MPEG-4, AAC-LC
- Exposure Control: Multisegment, center-weighted and spot metering; exposure compensation (Â±3 EV in 1/3 steps)
- Image Storage Capacity: Varies
- Batteries: InfoLITHIUM rechargeable NP-BX1 (included)
- Imaging Sensor Type: CMOS
- Software Included: PlayMemories Home, Image Data Converter v4
- Low-Light/High Sensitivity: Yes
- Removable Memory Included: No